Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mid march

So, what have I been up to this week? Monday: NIA then lunch with Pat, Chris and Katrina before coming home to finish off the dreaded ironing. Tuesday, study group at Helena May for a presentation on Chinese snuff bottles and then one on Chinese gardens, followed by a quick hop over to Pacific Place for Book Group.As always a fantastic discussion, this was on Hemingway; everyone had done some research, so the discussion was well informed and interesting. Just what is needed for a really good Book Group! The debut of Miss Aria Lily Hernandez was warmly welcomed! She was a little star and slept quietly throughout, despite all the eager "aunties" waiting for a cuddle! Then off to far flung Siu Hong for the interview programme at Lingnan Uni.
Wednesday was fantastic! Study group had arranged a private tour of HSBC archives to look at the George Chinnery paintings we had learned about last term. A wonderful afternoon, so rich in colour ..and culture! I tell you, you won't recognise me on my return to Scotia's shores, I am SOOO cultured, me!
On Thursday, I went to the theatre with a friend whilst Les had a boys night out with work colleagues; I felt (vaguely) guilty that he was already tucked up and fast asleep by the time I got home.
Friday kinda disappeared; I remember vacuuming and dusting, but that was so boring, I forgot it immediately.
Saturday saw us acting as tour guides for 2 of Les' work colleagues. We took them to Tai O, the stilt village then onwards for dinner at an Oz restaurant on Knutsford Steps. I had kangaroo and fairly hopped home after.
Today, Sunday, we revisited Les' idea of hell on earth, Ikea, for yet more bedding and cot sheets.....just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment