Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weekend ahead

It's funny to think of "The Weekend" when there hasn't actually been "The Week", as in a week of work and the anticipation of a couple of days off. Yet I do still think of "The Weekend" . I am going back up to China tomorrow and hopefully the weather will be better than last time when it rained heavily for most of my stay! This time I will stay until Tuesday as it is a holiday all over China for the Dragon Boat Festival, when long narrow canoe like boats are raced in commemmoration of an ancient official who drowned and the locals raced to save his body from the fishes.
Saw yet another apartment yesterday as the original one's owner has not responded to the agents letter. Frustrating, but it's hardly a slum here, in fact it is luxurious! I'll miss having someone pick up after me and clean everywhere, but I am looking forward to being in our "own" place. We'll still have a pool and jacuzzi of course!
As well as apartment viewing, I also registered at the Doctor yesterday ; she looked about 15 but positively mature compared to the pharmacist who looked about 12. I must be getting old!
Last night's poetry reading was fun, it was strange to be out and about at night, I haven't ventured far from the apartment complex on my own at night before. Got home about 11ish and it was still very hot, no need for a jacket. The streets were teeming with people and although most of the shops were closed, the bars and restauants were doing a roaring trade!
Today I need to go back to the docs at 6pm to collect the remainder of my prescription as they didn't have one of the meds in stock. I went shopping for towels this morning and lazed around the pool all afternoon, just indoors now for a cool shower before I head down to the pharmacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment