Monday, May 30, 2011

Trip to Lamma Island



Sunday was hot and sunny, a perfect day to take a ferry trip to Lamma Island for a walk on the beach, a paddle in the sea and a wonderful fresh seafood lunch. The pavement restaurant reminded me of similar ones on the Greek Islands or coastal Spain; just a few tables under a plastic awning by a whitewashed wall overlooking the sea. In case you think I am a sad case, no, I didn't go alone! I've met a very nice girl from USA who is teaching here and we've met a couple of times now.

This is the inside on the top deck of the iconic Star Ferry which I took on Sunday to meet my friend and get on another ferry to Lamma Island
Here is a view of Central Pier; I got off here and walked about 500yds to the right to the next terminal for the Island ferry
Approaching Yung Shue Wan harbour on Lamma

This small ferry was coming in to harbour alongside our big one.

Lamma Main Street



No comments:

Post a Comment